All persons who are arrested and taken into custody are transported to the Clark County Jail for booking and incarceration. It is our goal to house you in a safe, secure manner and provide for your basic needs while you’re in our custody.
All inmates are required to follow the rules and regulations while housed in the facility. The Clark County Jail is divided into separate housing areas depending on Classification. Classification is the process that determines the housing location of which you would be assigned. Male and female inmates are housed separately at all times.
The Clark County Jail houses both pre-trial detainees and post-conviction inmates who are serving sentences or awaiting transport to Kansas Department of Corrections. Our facility also houses inmates from surrounding counties and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm every Wednesday, Unless prior approval is obtained from the sheriff for an alternate date or time.
- Valid ID is required for all visitors
- Visitors must be immediate family, unless approved by sheriff.
- *Visitation maybe cancelled without notice due to officer availability
- Inmates do have access to commissary and phone cards
- Commissary is distributed to inmates every Wednesday
- Commissary is a privilege and maybe suspended or revoked at any time
- Cash or Money Orders may be mailed to the inmates while they are in custody
Incoming mail will be returned due to the following
- Gang related material – Graffiti
- Two party checks
- Insufficient postage on incoming mail
- Restricted publications – “No Magazines”
- Unknown Substance or Biohazard
- Unauthorized correspondence from other facilities
Items that may be brought in to inmates
- 3 pair of socks “white”
- 3 T-shirts “white”
- 3 boxers or underwear “white”
- 3 bras “white without under-wire”
No other items will be allowed without prior approval by the sheriff. Any items that are received that are not allowed will be returned at inmate expense.
All personal items that are left at the facility, will only be held for 30 days after the inmate has been released or transferred to another facility will be disposed of by staff.